Hello! Anyone still here?
So... it's been two years since Breaking Dawn 2 was released and it ended a 5 years amazing and intense journey for all Twilight fans.
I was wondering where all we are two years later.
- Are you still part of the Twilight fandom in any way?
- Or have you moved on to other fandoms? Do you feel so passionate about some other books/movies/saga/pop culture phenomenons the way you felt about Twilight?
- How do you remember that whole experience and that time?
- Do you re-watch the movies often?
- Do you still re-read the books often?
And... how are you all these days?
started a New Moon thread over at lion_lamb
involving both the novel and the graphic novel, including some thoughts about the cover art and a discussion about souls. Pop over and support that thread too! The thread is HERE
The graphic novel is out! Some of us may have been able to find it any time in the last week, but you should definitely be able to buy it today.
So, likes/dislikes? What do you think about the art? What about the end point for part one? Any surprises?
Feel free to link to any scans, pics, icons, or other conversations!
Posted via LiveJournal app for iPad.
Favorite looks from the movies
Bella-twilight, new moon was too pretty for me
fuck/marry/kill-based on the books not movies(im so bad...lol)
kill-jasper ( twilight saga favorites insideCollapse )
1. How many times have you re-read the books (whether it's one or two books or the series as a whole) and/or re-watched the movies?
I haven't watched it in a long time but I think I watched Twilight twice. And haven't re-read any of the books, especially since I finished reading Eclipse and BD earlier this year.
I'm thinking of re-reading Twilight (in the next few weeks or months) but not sure if I'll re-read the whole series though. As for the movies, I actually was going to re-watch BD1&2 that weekend when I first watched them but never did. Maybe sometime this week on my day off.
2. When the series was done, whether books or movies, what kind of feeling did you have?
When I finally finished the book series, I was actually pretty excited because I was really wanting to see BD1&2 and see a lot of things from the book portrayed on screen. BD is my favorite book.
After I finished watching BD2, yeah, it was a completely different feeling. lol It was pretty bittersweet. I actually cried at the end because it was all over. That was it. I don't really do that too often, when a movie series or tv show series is over, I don't really cry. I did when Alias the tv show was over. That was probably the last time before BD2. lol
I also had a feeling of, it's over but I want more. I wanted to read more and see more. But I couldn't do that with the books or movies because that's all that was written (w/the exception of The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner and Midnight Sun (but we know how that ended up) and that's all that was shot. So, that's why I'm devouring the guides/companions, fic and anything else I can get my hands on. lol And of course, re-reading and re-watching.
A few days ago we were talking in another post about the "disappointment" that the Illustrated Guide did not contain any new outtakes from the Twilight books.
So, let's imagine that we could ask Stephenie Meyer to write just one outtake or extra from the books.
1. What scene from Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn you would ask her to write in EPOV? (or any other character POV, if you will)
2. What scene that doesn't appear in the books but really takes places in the Twilight Universe would you wish would have been included in the books? (eg. the trip to Jacksonville in Eclipse or when Edward gives Bella her "after" car in Breaking Dawn).
3. Have you read any good fics that fill these gaps (either a EPOV or a missing scene) in a way that fits perfectly the canon characters & story?
I finally bought it. I've been wanting to buy this for the longest but not in hardcover and when I had the extra cash. lol Depending on the book, I'm not the biggest fan of HC. So, I'm glad I have the softcover.
Anyway, from reading reviews on Goodreads it seems that the information that's in the book is basically on Stephenie's official site and/or Twilight Lexicon website. Plus with some additional information. I've never really visited those websites before, well not that much or religiously. Stephenie's maybe once or twice and TL maybe three times.
Plus, I'm the type to like having something in my hands that I can hold, flip through, skim, make notes, etc. And I can take my time reading it and read it straight through or jump to certain things. I've already started it and thinking I'll read it from beginning to end. Maybe. lol
Does anyone else have the book? Do you think it's worth it to have? Just for die-hard fans or casual fans? Is it a waste of time or it should be part of your Twilight collection?
I'm glad it's part of my collection which I actually have to fix, add to, etc. :)
With some recent grumblings about another community, I just wanted to take a minute to issue a little PSA.
This is OUR space- all the members. Posts are not mod-approved and ANYONE can post here. Anyone can post news, fics, recs, art, pics, polls, discussions or anything else that is Twilight-related, appropriate, and canon.
We love participation, so get involved! ;-)